Medium deep crimson. Fresh blackcurrant, plum aromas. With dark chocolate, herb garden notes. Slinky textured wine with blackcurrant pastille, praline notes, fine gravelly tannins and mocha, espresso oak. Finishes chocolaty firm with chocolaty tannin plume.
– Andrew Caillard 88 points
Gimblett Gravels The Nest Merlot
Single vineyard, super premium, hand selected grapes. Aged in French oak for 18 months. An exceptional wine, huge concentration, a firm structure with intense fruit characteristics. This wine will cellar for up to 20 years!
Awards / Ratings
- Gold – 2016 Hawkes Bay A&P Bayleys Wine Awards
- Silver – 2018 Premium New Zealand Selection
- Silver – 2018 International Wine & Spirit Competition
- Silver – 2017 Hawkes Bay A&P Bayleys Wine Awards
- Silver – 2017 Royal Easter Show Wine Awards
- Bronze – 2018 New Zealand International Wine Show
- Bronze – 2017 Air New Zealand Wine Awards
- Bronze – 2017 International Wine Challenge