The Annual Vintage Selection
The Gimblett Gravels Range
Each year since the 2008 vintage, 12 Gimblett Gravels red wines are independently selected that showcase the very best of wines grown on the Gimblett Gravels soils for that vintage. To date, all 12 vintages have been selected by, Sydney based Master of Wine, Andrew Caillard MW.
Each of the wines included in this giftset were one of the 12 wines selected in the AVS for their vintage.
Grand Gimblett Cabernet Sauvignon 2018 – 96 POINTS
Stoned Crow Syrah 2019 – 96 POINTS
The Nest Merlot Cabernets 2019 – 98 POINTS
GRAND GIMBLETT CABERNET SAUVIGNON 2018
- "Medium deep crimson. Very attractive ripe dark cherry cassis mocha roasted chestnut aromas. Generously and chocolaty with voluminous dark cherry blackcurrant fruits, fine gravelly/ velvety tannins, integrated mocha vanilla oak complexity and persistent mineral acidity. Finishes grippy firm with plentiful dark fruits. Very good." Andrew Caillard 96 points
- "The bouquet is compact, tense, varietal and very enticing with aromas of blackberry and cigar tobacco, olive and black cherry, sweet vanilla and wood smoke, crushed roses and violets. The core is the fruits, the foundation the gravelly earthy woody combinations. On the palate - equally compact and youthful, tense and taut. Flavours of dark berries then lead, gun-powder, toasty barrel spices and its natural sweetness, stony earth and non fruits reflecting the nose. Firm tannins and plenty of acidity, power, length and appeal." Cameron Douglas 96 Points
THE NEST 2019
- TOP BLEND – Gimblett Gravels Annual Vintage Selection 2019
- 96 POINTS – Cam Douglas MS
- Judges Selection – Global Fine Wine Challenge
- 93 Points – Toni Paterson MW
- 92 Points – Andrew Pritzker MW
"Deep crimson. Beautiful blackcurrant mulberry chinotto espresso aromas with praline, vanilla notes. Generous, buoyant and supple with superb cassis, mulberry, boysenberry fruits, plentiful chalky tannins, attractive volume and underlying mocha, vanilla oak notes. Chocolaty/ cedar firm at the finish with seductive dark fruits and linear fresh acidity. Superb density, balance and mineral length. A standout wine. Drink now - 2035"
98 points Andrew Caillard MW
STONED CROW SYRAH 2019
- 5 STARS Best Syrah of 2021 - Yvonne Lorkin CANVAS
- 4.5 STARS TOP 3 SYRAHS - Cuisine Syrah Tasting 2021
- 1 of 5 Syrahs selected in the Gimblett Gravels Annual Vintage Selection 2019 judged by Andrew Caillard
- 19/20 Joelle Thomson
"Medium deep crimson. Fragrant redcurrant, cranberry, pepper, sage, dried herb aromas with underlying mocha notes. Supple sweet cranberry, redcurrant, raspberry fruits with some blackberry, brambly notes, peppery nuances, plentiful fine sinewy long and refined tannins, some savoury roasted walnut, light marzipan notes. A fresh chalky finish with persistent juicy fruits. The barrel maturation characters and mid-palate viscosity really distinguish this wine. Drink now - 2028+"
96 points Andrew Caillard MW